Friday, January 3, 2014

Goodbye, 2013!

best books 2013 end of year survey



So, I remember I wrote on my last post on Saturday that all is back to normal and I will be posting regularly. Life: Ha ha. So of course things have been hectic, but no fear! I'll always make time for you(: I mean, who needs sleep, right? 

Anyhoo, New Year's Eve came and went and we find ourselves in 2014!! *cue noisemakers and Times Square confetti* So now's the time to reflect on our book year of 2013- and what a year it's been! My first, incidentally(: And on that note I would like to thank YOU, yes, YOU, for visiting my blog and making it what it is. Last December it was just a dinky page and now it's a flourishing little book haven for me where I get to meet awesome bloggers, readers, and writers! So glad and thankful for the follows and comments and nice words- please keep them coming! Love you so much <3 font="">

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for .... END OF YEAR BOOK SURVEY!! Thank you to Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner for hosting this great idea. LEGGO

1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist) 

Errrmmmm. 
(links to my reviews)

Sci-fi: The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore - One of the bestest series evaaaaa
And cuz I'm a cheater The Host by Stephanie Meyer.

Alternate universe: Goliath by Scott Westerfeld - I has a blast reading every second of this. 

Contemporary romance: Dare You To by Katie McGarry - ummm read this. That's all.
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - this doesn't really need an explanation. 

Middle Grade: Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian by Eion Colfer - I walked around with a big smile on my face for like a week. Nuff said. 
House of Hades by Rick Riordan - 3 words: Oh. My. Gods. 

Fantasy: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare - Still. Can't. Talk. About. This.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Crash Into You by Katie McGarry - still loved it, not as much as I thought.

 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?

A Separate Peace by John Knowles  - usually don't read classics but had to do this one for school and loved it!

 4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013? 

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. 

 5. Best series you discovered in 2013?

Cherub By Robert Muchamore- recommended recommended recommended. 

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?

Katie McGarry!

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you? 

A Separate Peace by John Knowles 

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Pawn by Aimee Carter

 9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? 

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green - have I mentioned this before?

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

11. Most memorable character in 2013? 

Will Herondale and Augustus Waters- relax, boys! No one's choosing between you two. 

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?

I feel like if I mention The Fault In Our Stars by John Green enough you'll have to read it.

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013? 

A Separate Peace by John Knowles 
A Time for Dancing by Davida Wills Hurwin
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan 
You Guessed it- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read? 

The Leviathan Trilogy by Scott Westerfeld
Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013? 

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?  
Errrm. Do The Ban Chronicles count as books? No? So I think The House on Mango Street was the shortest. And pretty sure either The Naming by Alison Croggon or LotR were the biggests. 

 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers! 

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).

WILL HERONDALE AND JEM CARSTAIRS. (AS YOU CAN SEE, A CERTAIN SOMEONE HAS NOT EMOTIONALLY HEALED FROM CLOCKWORK PRINCESS. DON'T JUDGE.)

Or Isaac and Augustus. Take a guess at which book I'm referring to.

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously 

Need I say THE FAULT IN OUR STARS? Also The Leviathan Trilogy- I loved the Uglies Series. Oooh and The Host.

20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else: 

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon

21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?

I would guess YA fantasy. Go ahead. Sue me. 

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013? 

Benji and Knox from Pawn! Ash! Ian! 
AUGUSTUS WATERS

23. Best 2013 debut you read?

A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest. 99% sure this was a debut.

24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013? 

Under The Never Sky, Allegiant. 

25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?

Cherub Mission #1 and Artemis Fowl!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?

I'm sorry. Truly. But- 
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks
Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
maybe a couple more...

27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out? 

WinterTown by Stephen Emond

Whooooo! Been at this for over an hour! Parts 2 and 3 - Book Blogging Life and Looking Ahead (aha don't worry they're shorter!!) to come later(: What about you? What were your faves? Let me know in comments or links(:
Have a beautiful weekend y'all!
Esty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for your comment! I absolutely love hearing from you- it makes the whole blogging experience worth it:)

If you have a blog leave me your link and I'll try to return the favor <3