Sunday, March 5, 2017
Hey all! Recently I've been challenged by Leesa Mattresses, an online mattress company, to come up with my ideal day in bed! If you've been thinking about a new mattress, you can read about a few here. Note: This is not a sponsored post, all opinions are totally my own! (:
Of course, like every avid reader, and pretty much everyone everywhere, for me days in bed are the best. Behold, my top 5 recommendations for the ideal day in!
1. A clean and neat room- a cluttered room is a cluttered mind for me, and I find the activity of cleaning and organizing it is absolutely therapeutic! Once that's done, I can relax in my bed with a clear and free mind, ready to dive into a good read.
2. A calming aroma - open a window! The fresh air is a wonderful way to enjoy the day outside without leaving your blankets. Even when it's rainy! I personally love staying in bed on a rainy day even more. Also, I've recently taken to sheet spray- it's like perfume for your bed! Spritz a little between your pillows and blankets and instantly your room smells refreshed and just washed.
3. Shams and little pillows- this goes without saying. Perfect for reclining and switching positions while reading.
4. A cup of tea and a place to put it- need I say more?
5. An old favorite- sure, it's fun and thrilling to read new things, but for my ideal day in? Nothing beats a Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, or some other completely thumbed-through, folded-over, chocolate-finger-stained novel that I know by heart but never ceases to delight me.
So those are my top 5 tips for the best day in! What do you do when you just need a mental health day? What do you read? Let me know!
Also, if you're in the mood to do something good- check out Leesa's giving back page. They plant one tree per every mattress they sell, and donate one mattress for every ten. Thank you for the amazing work!
Have a great week everyone!