Monday, April 3, 2017
My Magical, British Room
Hey all! Eight months ago I moved a town with my family, and while you'd think 8 months is enough time to finish organizing and unpacking your room- I guess it isn't for me. *cue monkey covering eyes emoji*. As I'm only home every other weekend or so, I'm still choosing furniture and decorating.
So naturally, when I heard about Loot Crate's fun project, I had no problem coming up with ideas! Loot Crate is a crate subscription service that sends out all different kinds of pop culture theme crates. Different aspects of pop culture they tackle are movies, games, TV shows, books, anime, pro-wrestling, etc. Every month they send out a box of 4-6 cool items with more than $50 value! Recently they've been asking everyone to put together a list of what your dream crate would look like- and they may even make one a reality!
As you can see from my blog theme, I love London. Be it Sherlock's home town, or the city The Infernal Devices takes place in, or because in it is King's Cross station that first takes Harry to Hogwarts- I've always been enchanted by this city. As I started to brainstorm and google things for my dream crate, it fused with my shopping list for my bedroom and behold, here is some English- themed merch I'd love to have.
1. London Bridge bookends - I desperately need something nice to hold up the books on my shelves, and what better idea for bookends than a bridge?
2. Big Ben clock - what's more appropriate than a clock to represent London?
3. Rainy curtains- every local I've ever spoken to ABSOLUTELY HATES the constant rain in London, but as curtains that can be open and closed at will I think it's beautiful.
4. Gryffindor hangings - while there are many great soccer clubs that are easily identifiable as British and are well-loved, I am a book lover who grew up on Harry Potter and my room is not complete without this.
5. Harry Potter lights - I PROMISED myself I wouldn't be so typical and make my whole list about Potter, but I can't help it on this one. I mean, who wouldn't want to light up their bedrooms with a row of floating candles?? That's what I thought. Barring that, I absolutely loved the following stickers.
So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen, my Dream Crate! Go crazy with your own and let me know in the comments!
Have a wonderful week and wish me luck in my roommaking,