Sunday, March 5, 2017
Once Upon A Mattress- Top 5 Tips for the Perfect Day In
Hey all! Recently I've been challenged by Leesa Mattresses, an online mattress company, to come up with my ideal day in bed! If you've been thinking about a new mattress, you can read about a few here. Note: This is not a sponsored post, all opinions are totally my own! (:
Of course, like every avid reader, and pretty much everyone everywhere, for me days in bed are the best. Behold, my top 5 recommendations for the ideal day in!
1. A clean and neat room- a cluttered room is a cluttered mind for me, and I find the activity of cleaning and organizing it is absolutely therapeutic! Once that's done, I can relax in my bed with a clear and free mind, ready to dive into a good read.
2. A calming aroma - open a window! The fresh air is a wonderful way to enjoy the day outside without leaving your blankets. Even when it's rainy! I personally love staying in bed on a rainy day even more. Also, I've recently taken to sheet spray- it's like perfume for your bed! Spritz a little between your pillows and blankets and instantly your room smells refreshed and just washed.
3. Shams and little pillows- this goes without saying. Perfect for reclining and switching positions while reading.
4. A cup of tea and a place to put it- need I say more?
5. An old favorite- sure, it's fun and thrilling to read new things, but for my ideal day in? Nothing beats a Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, or some other completely thumbed-through, folded-over, chocolate-finger-stained novel that I know by heart but never ceases to delight me.
So those are my top 5 tips for the best day in! What do you do when you just need a mental health day? What do you read? Let me know!
Also, if you're in the mood to do something good- check out Leesa's giving back page. They plant one tree per every mattress they sell, and donate one mattress for every ten. Thank you for the amazing work!
Have a great week everyone!