Thursday, September 18, 2014

Review: Through the Ever Night

Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2)
Veronica Rossi 
Dystopia

It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?


You can read my review of Under the Never Sky hereAs you can see from the above review, the first time I read Under the Never Sky I liked it but wasn't overly impressed. I recently reread it and I thought it was AWESOME! Why the change of opinion? I HAVE NO IDEA. 

And then I read Through the Ever Night and for the first time like, EVER, book #2 was not only on par with book #1, it was BETTER. Veronica Rossi? KUDOS. You succeeded where even JK Rowling failed.

The plot: THICKENS. Delightfully complex. The story continues through Aria's and Perry's POVs but in this installment they spend time in different places, so you have two things going on at once and delicious tantalizing cliffhangers at the ends of chapters.

Characters: Aria becomes BADASS and Perry makes me drool. Need I say more?
Yes.
ROAR.

Pacing and writing were perfect. Marron and Delphi are STILL not explained, but other things are. 

THE FEELS. Dear God, I was laughing and crying and dying and freaking out for the majority of the novel. 

Cover comments: You have no idea how much self control I had to exercise to not enlarge this picture to the maximum Blogger allows. Yum. Hello, sexy. 

GET ME BOOK 3 RIGHT NOW. 
No. Get me Roar and Liv (book 1.5) right now. 
Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for your comment! I absolutely love hearing from you- it makes the whole blogging experience worth it:)

If you have a blog leave me your link and I'll try to return the favor <3