Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: Son of Sobek

The Son of SobekSon of Sobek
Rick Riordan
middle grade short story

Carter Kane is investigating rumored sightings of a monster on Long Island when he runs into something else: a mysterious boy named Percy Jackson. And their meeting isn't exactly friendly. . . . 

Basically a crossover between Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles. Can anyone say, RECIPE FOR WIN??

Of course it was perfect! Percy and Carter funny and sarcastic as usual, saving Manhattan from bloodthirsty monsters. What's new? Honestly, my only complaint was that it was too short. I thought there would be earth-shattering revelations on both their parts, what with realizing there are other gods alive, but not to worry- nothing changes. You'll see.

I was also happy to see Rick Riordan left us an opening that Carter and Percy will meet again in the future... hmmm :) Rating:


Anyone else been seeing these rumors about a new Harry Potter? They're not true... right?
Happy Monday!
Esty

1 comment:

  1. WHATTTT!!! I didnt even know this existed! I'm so excited! Must go read now!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for your comment! I absolutely love hearing from you- it makes the whole blogging experience worth it:)

If you have a blog leave me your link and I'll try to return the favor <3