What's up everybody? Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the The Broke and Bookish where we get to obsessively make lists! (Fine. *I* get to obsessively make lists.) Anyway, this week's topic is books we are always recommending. In truth, I get people to read by asking them what books they've ever read that they really loved, even from their childhood, and then give them something that reminds me of said book. But, I will try to generalize for the sake of list making:)) You'll find that I tend to recommend all the big bestsellers because they're just so lovable, to EVERYONE. I mean, that's why they're famous!
2. Percy Jackson- Another fearless teenage narrator of my childhood.
3. Twilight- Yes, I hate Bella too. But I've seen many a teenage girl
become a reader because of this so I don't scorn. And I may or may not have a few posters of Jacob in my room.
4. The Hunger Games- I know grandparents and kids alike who've been enamored by these. The topics brought up are too true to be age categorized
5. City of Bones- I defy any female reader who is not charmed by JACE WAYLAND.
6. Clockwork Angel- I have successfully obsess-ified quite a lot of people, to the point where since CP2 arrived, it's been lent out to three different people, with three more calling me to wanting to know if they can please come and get it already. My work here is done:))
7. Heist Society- these books just make me laugh and be happy, and isn't that all anyone ever wants?
8. Artemis Fowl- teenage criminal mastermind. Enough said.
9. Eragon- Well, I don't recommend these to everyone. They are a lot to handle, but if you can, they are well worth it.
10. Wolves of Mercy Falls (Shiver, Linger, Forever)- These are a literary masterpiece in my opinion- beautiful but not heavy (literally and figuratively) . Good for a reluctant teenage reader (i.e. a lot of my friends).
What are your Top Ten books you recommend?