Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Leibster Blog Award

Hi everyone!! Hope you've been having a good week! I have been very busy once again, doing lots of hiking recently (everyone seems to be organizing trips!) and well, attending boarding school and not really having access to a computer. Hopefully though I'll be back and blogging regularly now :)

Anyhoo, the lovely Manda at I Solemnly Swear  has given me an award! Isn't that sweet?? (It's my first one so let me be excited) Thank you! Now it's my turn to pass it on, so here are the rules: 

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.

So, here are Manda's questions for me and my answers:

1. What is your FAVORITE book of all time?
Ooh I hate being asked this! I guess my all-time favorites would be Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and the Hunger Games. In that order. 

2. What is your worst reading/book habit?
EATING! I'm a healthy person, being trained to dance since I can remember, and every time I sit down to read I want to snack! It's awful, though I developed a liking to healthy snacks like raisins and such so it's not so bad.

3. Can you read in the car, or does it make you super nauseous like it does to me?
Super nauseous!

4. Have you ever read the Reached series by Ally Condie? In that series, the Society only allows it's citizen 100 songs, 100 paintings, 100 poems. I wont make you name 100, but if your society could only have 5 books, what books would they be? (e.g., the books society could not live without)
Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, The Book Thief and everything by John Green! (Is this cheating?) And I've read the first of the series, Matched.

5. Do you write? If so, have you ever finished a work and/or attempted to publish it? If not, do you want to, or are you content with blogging?
I do write. I've never been published anywhere important (a few local magazines, but those weren't works of fiction), but I'd love to be someday! Blogging is just the first step:) 

6. (I really hope your answer is yes to this one,) Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Why or why not?
Um, what kinda question is that?? OBVIOUSLY. Why? Because it is absolutely legendary and is so friggin' genius and deep and every single time I read it I find some other expertly hidden detail I never noticed before. Because it's a bible disguised as a children's book. Because of FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY. Need I go on?

7. Do you have an e-reader or do you prefer hard copies? And if you prefer hard copies, do you buy or borrow from the library?
I have a kindle but I prefer hard copies. I buy sometimes, I trade with friends, I borrow from the library.  

8. Not exactly book related but, coffee or tea?
Tea. But ice coffee is heavenly. 

9. Do you have a favorite word? If so, what is it?
DISCOMBOBULATED. LOOK IT UP.

10. Do you like giving/receiving books as gifts?
Absolutely! 

11. Was this whole thing are tough for you as it was for me, or did you really enjoy coming up with all of this stuff?
So far so good, but now I have to think up 11 facts and questions so I don't want to speak too soon;) 

So 11 random facts.. let's see....
1. I speak Hebrew fluently.
2. I have 6 little siblings (cutest little darlings! Well, most of them) (kidding!) 
3.I have three citizenships.
4. I'd take a snow over beach any day! 
5. I am an obsessive planner. I have a yearly day planner and I actually fill in EVERYTHING.
6. My favorite Disney princess is Rapunzel. She's awesome-watch Tangled.
7. I love stand-up comedy. (well doesn't everybody??)
8.Despite dancing for years and years, I am not really skinny (at all!) or really flexible.
9. I hope to go into politics when I grow up.
10. Speaking of that, I've been reading the newspaper every day since I was 12.
11. I have no artistic talent AT ALL. More's the pity. I always wished I could be one of those people who had their own drawings on canvases hanging around their house.

So enough about me. I give you my nominees for the Leibster Award!
Jessica @ Imma Bookworm
So I know I'm supposed to list 11, but I'm new and don't know a lot of blogs yet! These were the only three I could think of who were under 200 and worthy, and they are! Check 'em out!
So here are my questions for them:

1. What is the genre you read/like the most? (Within YA or Adult- like romance, contemporary, mystery, sci-fi, fantasy...)
2. All time favorite author?
3. Have you ever met/ got anything signed by your fave/famous author?
4. Do you currently work in/plan to pursue a job related to books?
5. Why did you start blogging? Is it all you expected it to be?
6.What are five books that just made you explode (for any reason-good or bad)?
7. Best book cover you've ever seen?
8. What is your top reading/bookish goal for this year?
9. Do you have a lot of reader friends or did you buy into this life on your own? :)
10. Favorite quote from a book (if you have one)?
11. What release (if any) are you most looking forward to this year? 

Phew! Long but enjoyable:) So go follow their blogs and Manda's and if you recieve this award don't forget to pass it on! 
-Esty


1 comment:

  1. Awww, thanks for the kind words and the nomination Esty.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for your comment! I absolutely love hearing from you- it makes the whole blogging experience worth it:)

If you have a blog leave me your link and I'll try to return the favor <3